A mature, story-driven, tactical low/dark fantasy role-playing video game set in Dark Ages, by more than 20 game industry talents.
BEAST is a role-playing game merged with turn-based skirmish strategy set in a reclusive plague-infested land filled with conflict and religious delusion. Inspired by the heretic schism between the Bogomil gnostic sect and the Eastern Orthodox Church. The ensuing chaos forms a blasphemous cult spreading throughout the land.
Feast your eyes with a large variety of disquieting landscapes. Battle meticulously hand-animated foes. Choose your personality, see the world through the eyes of your character and take responsibility for your choices. Learn the hidden truths about the world through the stories of your companions. Certainly, not everyone will survive, maybe not even you.
BEAST presents the world through black-and-white hand-drawn stop motion animation. Brutal and deadly combat is shown through a fixed third-person isometric camera looking onto a three-dimensional landscape following the same line-art style. The tone is set by the addition of red color. The story spans 14 days starting on a new moon and ending on a full moon. With each passing day the characters and environment are increasingly saturated with a bloody red color as if the world was drowning in blood.
ALL ART IS ART
We care about the consistency of story, graphics and sound. Graphically, we are inspired by the artworks of Mark Riddick and Adrian Smith. The story is consulted with the best fantasy authors in Poland. The soundtrack includes famous Polish black metal bands. The original score is being composed by Miłosz Pękala. Logotypes are created by Christophe Szpajdel, known as the "Lord of the Logos."
You play as a faithful soldier who after finally coming home to his family is sent on one final mission for his power-hungry sovereign through a disease infested land. While trying to deliver the letter to the neighboring kingdom you will learn the horrible truth about your wife and daughter. You will lose companions and gain new ones. You will learn their stories and help them put things to rest. Your decisions will be reflected in the eyes of those who remain with you at the end. Even if you are no longer you. The character you set out as will not be the one you end the game with, as mortal perils await you and you will have to chose your successor once you succumb to death.
WHY WE ARE DOING IT?
The goal of the creators in creating BEAST is the opportunity to tell a serious story in the style of Game of Thrones or Black Company. The creators love their tone, and that's the feeling they want to have in their story. By saying "serious history," the creators have in mind different political and social intrigues and relationships between the characters. But also sex, curses, and senseless violence which is an inseparable aspect of human life. The game requires the player to make difficult moral choices, none of which is good and everyone will carry unforeseen consequences in the future. It is up to the player how much Machiavellian the personality of his characters will be and how unwavering they will be to fight for survival and achieve their goals according to the principle "the end justifies the means."
- Player choice that drives your own narrative - every decision you make in travel, conversation, and combat has a meaningful effect on the outcome as your story unfolds.
- Black and gray morality - there are no easy choices. You do what you can to survive, and sometimes this appears to conflict with your own needs, but there are no right choices.
- A non-epic adventure brought to life in both 2D and 3D - beautifully hand-drawn characters, backgrounds and animations in tactical combat encounters, accompanied by the music of world-famous black metal bands combined with the atmospheric dark experimental music, will pull you into a dark and grim fantasy realm.
- Over 15 playable characters - embark on your perilous journey choosing out of 7 different classes, each with unique abilities and upgrade options to fit your play style.
- Strategic combat with consequences - victory or defeat and even the permanent loss of a character or wound depends on whether you will be able to go on the journey and make another attempt to fight for survival.
- The journey is as important as the battle itself - your role in building and managing your Warband as you travel the vast forest landscape covered in darkness is critical to not only your own survival but the survival of an entire kingdom.
The essence of the gameplay is a campaign with turn-based combat inspired by games such as The Banner Saga, where the player controls and can build and develop a group of characters with complementary skills. While traveling between the fights, the player can manage the Warband, relations between its members, its members' equipment, physical and mental fatigue, choose a place of its rest and prepare for the next inevitable skirmishes.
TEAM AND DESIRES
We are a team of over 20 people, mostly AAA talents from CD Projekt RED, Platige Image, and CI Games, who decided to push the boundaries of human limitations and start to work their way out from corporate exploitation and life in fear for their jobs.
We believe that we can change the industry by leading by example and sharing our innovative thoughts on company culture and deep experiences.
Together we formed an extraordinary studio that enables us to create unique games in dark and grim fantasy universes.
In April 2019 we started hard work on our own first project, and in three years we will have been heard of by everywhere, and in four we will be everywhere.
We're called False Prophet & The Blood Moons, and you can help us achieve our desires.